Monday, May 9, 2011

Predictably unpredictable

Gabe:     "You're a geek"
Jamie:     "I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not"
Gabe:     "You should completely take it as a compliment. I love your geekiness"

My husband endures a lot with me. He copes with my impromptu sessions of street yoga, my affliction with the ratchet straps at home depot, my less-than-graceful renditions of Black Swan, my concocted dances to every song imaginable, my deathly fear of raw chicken...and the list goes on. Yet, he loves me all the same and I know that I can make him smile on a moment's notice just by being "me". There's a very simplistic, yet sweet love that comes along with accepting someone for who they really are and I'm fortunate that, despite my geeky shortcomings, I have someone who simply allows me to enjoy life and never take myself to seriously. And if there's one thing that he can always count on with me....it's that I am forever predictably unpredictable.

The more "predictable side of me"




No comments:

Post a Comment