Thursday, June 9, 2011

A bit about...

ME!

I'm 30. Phew, it felt good to get that off my chest. It sounds worse when you say it out loud (I'm kidding. I think being 30 kind of rocks. It's like I've been grandfathered into a really cool club with little effort on my own part!)

I'm a mom to a just-turned one year old baby boy, Ethan:




He's a toe head and he looks nothing like me. Well, I guess that's not true. He does bear some resemblance to me BUT, for the most part, he's my husband's mini-me.

I think that breastfeeding was one of the hardest things that I've ever gone through. And when I finally stopped after 3 months and a lot of tears, I felt like a failure. I'm over it now. Kind of.

I married my best friend. No really. I know that sounds cliche, but it's the truth. It's a lloonngg story that, hopefully, one day I'll get around to telling all of you, but the truth of the matter is, I was very lucky to have been given a second chance at love with the most wonderful man I've ever known. Okay, enough mush for one post.


Married for a total of 3 hours and we were already ready to kill each other. I'm kidding. This is us: S-I-L-L-Y.


We have called each other "guido" for roughly the last 5 years. I'm not entirely sure how it started, I just know that I think we say each others actual names maybe 3 times a year. "Hey, guido...we're out of toilet paper". Yep, that's about it!



He is a wonderful dad. He'll definitely be the one that our kids go to when they want to get away with something and he'll say "Okay, but don't tell your mom".








I'm a legal secretary. Our firm is awesome. And don't get me wrong, I love my job, but if I won the lottery tomorrow I wouldn't be one of those people that says "Oh, I'd still come to work everyday". Sorry co-workers. I'd be M-I-A. They'd understand. (BUT, since I don't actually play the lottery it's kind of hard to win it, soooooooo, I guess I'll keep my day job).

I have this thing with needing to change my hair constantly. Call it a deep-seeded fear of commitment if you will, I call it just getting bored easily. Exhibit A:





Oh, and about getting bored easily: I hate to admit it, but rarely do I start and actually finish anything. Scrapbooking, painting, photography classes, etc. Whatever the it happens to be at the time, I go full force when I start it and somewhere around the 2 week mark I lose interest. It used to bother me, but then I got bored with it bothering me and now I've just accepted it!!

During a game of Catch Phrase I was honest-to-god trying to convince a room full of people that the Alamo is a river in Mexico. [sound of crickets chirping, I'm sure]. It's bad. It's a deep, dark secret that few knew until now. I know zip, zero, zilch, nada, nothing about history; American or otherwise. It's terrible, I know. I retained about this _ much from my history classes. Ah well. Just don't ever ask me to be on your Catch Phrase team.

I wish I knew how to take better pictures. It's a pet peeve of mine. Most of the time it's sheer dumb luck that gets me a halfway decent shot, but it drives me nuts that most of my pictures seem blurry.

I have a collection of dances that I do at any given time, any given place. I'm not one to care much about what others think. Which is why I have done "street yoga" in the middle of a sidewalk full of people while the rest of my family walks on and pretends they don't know me. Call it odd. I call it awesome!!



Which brings us to another trait: my silliness. This is what my husband encounters on any given day:



 Cheesy prom photo, anyone?
Not totally sure why I'm wearing a hat and scarf..indoors..playing Jenga.


Getting ready for work. I'm kidding. A corny Christmas party. Classy, right?

This reminds me to tell you...I forget to pluck my eyebrows a LOT!
Good thing we moved, I probably scared the neighbors.

I love coffee. I am cranky without it. In fact I have a sign that says, "Crabby 'till I get my coffee". That about sums it up.

I'm a planner. I wish I could be one of those gals that just wakes up, tousled hair and all, and says "Let's just pack up and go for the day". Me? I would have to plan that 3 months in advance and make lists and revisions to the list 17 times. It's something I'm working on.

I NEVER ANSWER MY CELL PHONE. I recently got a voice mail from my grandma saying "Jamie Marie! Pick up your dog-gon phone!!" Seriously, how bad must it be for your grandma to yell at you for not answering your phone. Woopsie!

I'm a morning person. I wake up and I'm peppy. My husband's not a morning person. He hates my peppiness in the morning. So does Ethan.

I do NOT bake. When my husband walks into the house and smells vanilla cupcakes, he knows better: it's just a candle. However, the few times that I have baked I think I've been pretty successful

I sometimes have to remind Gabe, after making a batch of something...don't expect anything again anytime soon! Baking requires too much measuring and waiting for me. There goes that patience thing again.

We have a Westie, Stewart Francesco a/k/a Stewie. He rocks. But, a word of advice, if you have a Westie who is well-groomed, look away. I'm pretty sure this guy forgets that he's supposed to be white. We call Stewie more of a dingy, dirty sock white. You know, one that's kind of old and probably has a hole in it that you've tried to bleach a million times but it still keeps coming out more of a gray? That's Stewie. But we love him nonetheless.


 Alright, these pictures are a little deceiving. He only looks white because of the flash, folks!

I'm sure there's plenty more that I haven't shared and I'll get to that. But, for the time being, That's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment