Thursday, July 21, 2011

I suck...[and summer so far]

I suck. At blogging, that is. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'm in awe of people who manage to maintain a daily blog. I'm too tired at night to lotion up my summer-sizzled skin let alone turn on the laptop! So I'm not sure why this evening is affording me a few minutes of me time to share some of my summer with all of you. Maybe it's more that I'm attempting to block out the screaming 14 month old in the room next to me who has decided that going to sleep at night just really isn't his thing. Maybe it's because I'll feel less lazy if I'm laying in bed with my fingers busy at the keyboard rather than just laying in bed.

Either way, before summer passes by and the next time I'm blogging about Christmas shopping, here's a glimpse into how we've been enjoying of these warmer-weather days:

Ugh, HOT, HOT, HOT!


Getting teeth. Always an AWESOME time around the Redmond household.
 Ethan and daddy putting together a present from mommy and daddy!

 I think he liked it!


 Swimming on the 4th of July
 This kid's favorite toy...a BALL!!!

 Planting some dill!

 Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... my favorite!!! Nothing says summer like corn-on-the-cob!


 A quick trip into town led us to a hometown staple! Yummmmmm!!!!!!!!
 My weakness. This ended up all over me, my jeans, my car....
 Summer dinners on the grill...(and those are chives from our house!)


 Ethan was a little unsure about the tent...



 Crazy! I'm in a picture!
 The tent that Gabe put his sweat and tears into setting up...that we never ended up sleeping in. Tooooooooooo hot!

 Getting sidetracked on our way home from getting ice cream (again)
 Summer's real rough, isn't it?



 Sometimes a wrong turn can lead to beautiful discoveries (though, in all honesty, we knew this was here...we turned down the road specifically so I could take a picture...but still...)

 Can you say shish-kabob, 'cause I certainly can!
 Michigan's Adventure and a quick beach trip to Grand Haven
 The Redmonds (his foot's a little bigger than the last time we took this photo)







 Middle name: TROUBLE

 Can't take a trip without taking this...
 Sleepin' at the park!



 While Ethan napped we each enjoyed our own trip around the lazy river!






 My 2 best boys
 Who doesn't love a baby with a 5 o'clock shadow?

No comments:

Post a Comment