Friday, June 3, 2011

One man wrecking crew

I have a touch of undiagnosed OCD and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I think it's part of what keeps me so organized. So what if I like my sheets folded a certain way and if I like to have the mugs in my cabinet just so-so. But the truth of the matter is, I've learned that there is no containing a toddler's room. The minute I manage to neatly arrange his trucks and blocks and laundry, he follows behind me pulling them out with a smile that says "why bother mom!". And his newest game is pulling laundry out of the basket in his closet. The other night he came out from the dark room and rounded the corner with his sheet in one hand and one of my sweaters in the other and proceeded to tug them around the room like they were his new lovie. I also made the mistake of leaving a drawer of his dresses cracked just enough for little fingers to pry open. Out comes all of the folded clothes all over the floor, which is covered in toys! I concede. I've let go and decided that a kid's room should be a mess (well, until he's old enough to clean it on his own, that is!) I continue to surprise myself with the kind of mom that I'm becoming!! What's next? Towels folded in different directions? Well, let's not go too far...

No comments:

Post a Comment