Thursday, September 29, 2011

Like I said...

This whole not caring thing is great. Another night went by that, post-dinner, the words "Let's just clean this up later" jumped from my mouth. I'm sure Gabe is probably wondering what on earth happened to his OCD wife, but he might not mind the replacement so much. 

Disclaimer: While I did leave the mess for quite a while last night, I did pick up....but AFTER Ethan went to bed....and only at the commercials during Modern Family!!!

However, THIS is what my kitchen looked like prior to meeting my Method spray:

Okay, this is quite possibly the hardest thing for me to swallow. I cannot stand dishes in the sink. This is like some kind of medieval torture therapy for me. But, in all fairness, the dishwasher was full of clean dishes waiting to be put away (did I mention that I can't STAND loading and unloading the dishwasher?) It's lose-lose for me, really. Can't stand putting the dishes away and can't stand dishes in the sink. Maybe I could put my dirty dishes under the sink??
 
For you germ-a-phobes out there: Ignore the sponge, I don't use that for my dishes. It's a wipe down the sink only sponge...) 
 Yes, the microwave is still dirty from Tuesday night....(okay, maybe you can't quite see it, but there's definitely still egg in there!)
 The product of not emptying the dishwasher. Every piece of silverware we own is either in the sink or in the dishwasher. Too bad you can't eat Ramen cave-man style!

(On a side note...yes, we had RAMEN noodles and grilled cheese sammies for dinner. And IT.WAS.FABULOUS. Yummy and quick: my favorite combination of words when it comes to dinner during the week.
  I don't think I'm quite ready to surrender wiping down my counter tops every night and sweeping my living room floors at least once a day, but, I am making progress. Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment