Saturday, February 27, 2010

The home stretch...

I am finally in my third trimester! Though I say finally as if it's been a long, arduous journey. The truth of the matter is that I think, compared to some, I've had it pretty easy. Short of a couple weeks of backaches and the occasional heartburn, I've had a pretty smooth ride.  However, I can already tell that this last leg of my pregnancy is going to be no piece of cake. I am already starting to feel more pressure and the weight of my little guy and all his surroundings leaves me unable to be on my feet for long periods of time. Everything I eat lately seems to give me heartburn, though, the good news is that my appetite seems to have calmed down...for the time being. We are still busy working on the nursery, which is nearing its finishing. Ethan's crib came in this week and after my husband put it together I said "How strange is it that we have a crib in our house". I guess it just makes it all the more real.....as if the constant tossing and turning from the little life inside of me weren't enough to drive that home!!! Our birthing classes are coming up soon, as is our tour of the hospital. The day is getting closer and closer...and yet, somedays, it feels, still, so far away.

5 comments:

  1. You really are in the home stretch!! It goes by soooo fast and so slow at the same time, lol. Love the picture with the measuring tape... and that onesie is adorable. Can't wait to see more of the room, looks like it's coming together!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will come quicker than you think. Cherish this time. Quiet and so still in your house. Remember my words. LOL. You look great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your nursery... and you baby! :) It's getting close. Hope you're feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stopping over from Fresh Mommy's blog and the comment you left there about having the same print. it is awesome. And so is your nursery! and your stomach! SO cute! What pretty pictures. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling well!! Been thinking about you :) Can't wait for an update!

    ReplyDelete