Thursday, February 18, 2010

The wrong foot....and then some

Do you ever have one of those mornings that you just wish you could crawl back in bed and start over? I was lucky enough to have one this morning. It started with me getting out of bed later than I wanted. I wish I could blame this on someone else, but the truth of the matter is, my bed was too warm and I was just a little too comfortable. So I decided to sleep in...until a whopping 5:45 a.m. I got up, sent my husband on his way to work with a kiss and hit the treadmill. Okay, not too bad so far. I go through my morning routine; wash my face, brush my teeth, put on my makeup....still not too bad. Then, in the midst of me trying to do my hair, my dogs start frantically barking. I politely tell them to "shut up!!" and go back on my merry way trying to do my hair (which is another story...another day). Okay, I know, still not too bad. BUT THEN, it all goes downhill. I decided to run outside to start my car and while doing so, thought I'd let the dogs out one last time before leaving. As usual, they both head out, bounding through the snow, making their rounds of the backyard. I go back inside to continue my tornado routine around the house. After a few minutes, I went to the mudroom to let the dogs back in, but I only see one dog...the white one. He is whining and running along the fence....and suddenly, my morning....well, there's no way around it, it now sucks!!!! Still hopeful that maybe Moe is hiding out in the backyard somewhere, I pull on my winter boots and trek out into the snow. One step, two steps, and then, yep, a cold foot. Awesome, there's snow in my boot. Annoyed already, I look around and the little yorkie is no where to be found. Wonderful. I look over the fence and don't even see any little footprints that might lead me to his whereabouts. I can feel my blood pressure rising. So I turn to head into the house and end up in the snow. In my rush of putting on my boots, I didn't lace one up properly and, of course, tripped over the little furry ball on the ends of my laces that I now want to rip off and throw at something (as if it would do some damage). Meanwhile, Stewie is running around the yard like a mad dog, as if he's trying to tell me where Moe went. I run (carefully this time) into the house to grab my phone. Already starting to tear up, I get into my car and call Gabe (as if there was a lot he'd be able to do on the phone). I start driving around the neighborhood and he is still no where to be found. I'm crying and I've already done my makeup so I'm even more mad.....my foot is cold and I can't find my dog. Welcome Thursday!!! My wonderful husband tells me to calm down and says that he'll come home to help me look for him. I head back home, thinking maybe...but some stroke of luck, that he's returned home. No such luck. I get back into my car and start driving around again. I'm looking down each and every street, which doesn't mean much because even with my contacts I'm as blind as a bat!! I happen to turn down a random street and sure enough, I see a little flash of gray. It's Moe, taking a morning stroll. He is covered, from head to toe, with snowballs. He's wearing a white beard....and he's peeing in the snow. I guess maybe he figured he'd just get some fresh air this morning. I immediately start yelling at him, as if he can understand me. And when I say yelling, I mean yelling. Then I look over.....my window is still rolled down. Along with waking up to an annoying alarm clock, my neighbors awoke to a crazy pregnant woman yelling at her dog.

I guess it could have been worse....it could have been a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment