Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease"  Lisa Alther

It's Sunday. I was up at 5:30 a.m. yesterday and 5:30 a.m. again this morning. My little munchkin, who has been sleeping through the night for quite some time now, decided to wake us at 1:00 a.m.  At 5:30, I woke to the sound of Ethan talking to himself. When I looked in his crib, he was almost completely turned over. "This is new" I thought.  And what better time to transition into an almost-milestone than 5:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning. I discovered quickly that this little energetic babe had plans that did not include falling back asleep.  So, I made peace with another early morning and decided to crawl out of bed.  I crept down the stairs with Ethan, whose eyelids were getting heavier with every step I took and put him in his swing. Within seconds, he was out like a light. And then my morning began...


 And the coffee is officially gone. Guess it's time to go for a run, sweat, and then jump in the pool!!!



3 comments:

  1. Girl, you had a busy morning!! But it's true... It's amazing what mothers can accomplish! I was exactly the same way with my first, this time around I can't seem to get quite as much in, because there is always someone up and needing something :) Love it! And that food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you sure did alot... I would have just sat and read a book. LOL. Kudos to you. Love all these shots too. You really captured your morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Crystal!! I'm keeping a journal of my days, but sometimes it's just easier to snap some photos!! And Tab, I really can't imagine having another little one on top of Ethan, all of the "chores" and everything else in between. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way!!!! However, by 9:00 p.m. last night, I was passed out!!!!!

    ReplyDelete