Saturday, September 18, 2010

1 year later...

It's been exactly one year.  A year since we found out on a late Thursday night. A year since we realized that our lives were about to change forever. I was left today with a slight sense of bittersweet reminiscence.  Though it's hard to explain, put simply, I  miss being pregnant. Is that strange? Maybe it's because I, for the most part, had a pretty easy pregnancy. But more than that, I miss feeling my little man's kicks and trying to guess which body part was sticking out my ever-growing belly.  I especially miss lying in med in the morning and feeling him roll and tumble. And the hiccups!! Oh, the adorable, make me smirk every time hiccups!! And, crazy as it may be, I actually miss my baby bump!!! But then I look at our Ethan, who is already full of character, and I'm reminded that his being here with us now makes my remembrance of being pregnant that much sweeter.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I can't believe it's been a year since you found out. :) It flies by that's for sure. I miss being pregnant too... I love being pregnant. Which probably means I'll end up that way again, LOL
    I can't believe that I still haven't met him. We need to remedy this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you were sick? I recently was too, and I'm sure it's just from too much going on and too little rest. We both have amazing husbands and that is true... we need to lean on them more ;) Hope you're feeling better soon~

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete