Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why I run....

Because after a long day at work, it's the perfect way for me to relieve stress; because my 2 favorite men (big and little) never deserve the stress of the day to be taken out on them; because now that I'm a mom, work full-time, have a house to keep up, a husband to make laugh and dogs to entertain, it's the one thing that I can do just for me; because realizing that you can push yourself just a little harder is an amazing feeling; because I need stamina on the days that I'm up at 4:30 a.m. and don't collapse until 11:00 p.m.; because what better excuse for me to listen to a song that allows me to reminisce about Gabe and I driving around the streets of downtown Chicago when we were 19; because I owe it to my family to live a long, healthy life; because the sense of accomplishment I feel when I'm done is an addicting high; because I will have that 26.2 on my bumper come next spring;

That's why I run....


No comments:

Post a Comment